Friday, February 12, 2010

Steppin' out

Happy Friday everybody. I'm coming to you live from my winter home away from home known as Rafiki. It's an indoor playground that comes complete with a coffee bar, wireless internet and seemingly hundreds of screaming little Ethans and Isabellas.

It's awesome baby!

There is a playground area with slides, huge rubber balls and a basketball hoop. They've got an arts and crafts table, an indoor sand box, a little-tyke kitchen and even a corner filled with costumes and cool disco-type mirrors. What more could a kid want? Answer me that.

For the "grownups" we've got the aformentioned coffee bar area, several cushy couches and just enough space to prevent any, "This is way too crowded, get me out of here right now!" panic attacks that certain parents named Dave sometimes experience. Some people have space issues. What are ya gonna do?

So here I am lounging in a cushy chair, blogging away on this here laptop while the squeaky voice of Buddy Holly croons away on my headphones. By the way, is there anything cooler than Pandora Radio? I mean really, just type Jerry Lee Lewis, the Beatles and Fats Domino into the menu and away you go! Two hours later you're still dancing. Love it!

Now, since I'm here with my, "What I'm doing must be very important, because I'm seriously typing away" face (hey, these Super Moms don't need to know that I'm really up to), I guess I should think of something to write about.

Let's start with a Jordan update. After all of Kiki's guilt trips and all of the pain I put myself through, here's how everything went down this morning - Michael and I drove down the hill to the vet's office. We walked in the front door. The nice lady at the front desk went back into the office and a few seconds later emerged with a happy, energetic Yorkie dog.

Jordan burst through the door with an emphatic, "Hey Dad! How's it going? It's great to see ya! Great day isn't it!" His little stump (the breeders cut off his tail for some reason when he was born) wagging away. Happy as ever. No worries Dad!

Oh to be oblivious to it all. We all talk about living in the moment, but it appears my little Yorkie actually pulls this feat off. Jordan never seems to think anything beyond, "Boy that was awesome!" or "Man that sucked!" and then it's on to the next moment. I envy the hell out of the guy.

So there you have it. The secret to life as brought to you by a fluffy, barky little bundle of joy named Jordan. Just be warned that this same prophet also chases the "evil water monster" every summer night when our sprinklers come on. I'm just saying.

Well, I feel that is more than enough inpsiration for one lovely Friday afternoon inside the screaming confines of Rafiki. Now, if you'll excuse me I see an opening at the air hockey table. There's usually a lot of crying after I inflict my wrath upon the unsuspecting kiddies. But don't worry, I don't cry very long. The kids always let me win eventually.

Get out and play kiddies!

- Dave

Oh, one more thing. I opened my mail box this afternoon and discovered the official Fiesta Bowl DVD (Go Broncos!), a Mad Men Season 2 DVD (Netflix), and the lastest Fringe Season 1 DVD (Netflix). No bills in sight. Best mail day ever!

No comments: