Saturday, February 20, 2010

Slippin' and a slidin'

It's Saturday and I don't usually turn my brain on during the weekend hours, but I wanted to record an observation that will only interest me. So here goes:

It appears I am the leader of the Bummer Brigade when it comes to athletes at the Winter Olympics. I'm not really big on skiing, snowboarding, figure skating, or whatever the heck the event is where dudes put on skis and start shooting guns, but I have watched a few minutes of action here and there. And I swear to you, each time I start watching an event some world-class athlete does the whole "slip on a banana peel" routine.

A couple of days ago I walked into the great room as April and Michael were watching speed skating. About two seconds later a dude slipped and fell on his rump. The next day I caught a few seconds of figure skating. The poor guy on the television screen fell once, fell again, and by that time I couldn't take it anymore and left the room. Yesterday, you guessed it, some poor chap rumbled head over heels down the mountain during the skiing competition. This guy had the moxie to get up and give himself a mock cheer, which calls for a few bonus points in my book.

So I'm not watching any more of the Olympics. Shattering the hopes and dreams these athletes worked their entire lives for is so not awesome, ya know?

That is all. Happy Saturday kiddies!

- Dave

No comments: