Thursday, July 9, 2009

You're welcome

I would like to deliver a public service announcement this evening to all of the bored stay-at-homers out there (and you know who you are). Don't say I never do anything for you!
If you're tired of the same old routine each day, it's time to liven things up a little. Sprinkle some spice on the entree we call life.

Here's what you do - Go immediately to I-Tunes and download Dick Dale and His Del-Tones Greatest Hits. Don't ask questions. Just do as you're told. You won't be sorry.

Do you remember the ultra-groovy guitar song from Pulp Fiction? The one with the "hay, hay!" and the clapping? Well, this is the group that performed that song, and they've got a million more just like it. Each blistering song instantly tranforms every-day suckiness into movie-like awesomeness. And you can quote me on that!

Check it out. I slipped that bad-boy into the CD player this afternoon, and suddenly Michael and I were no longer traipsing through suburbia in a Toyota Matrix on the way to the local supermarket. Ohhhh noooo! We were international spies cruising at 100 miles per hour in a red Jaguar, being chased by bad guys in one of those ultra-cool black "bad-guy" cars. There was gunfire, and explosions, and women ripping their shirts off and everything! Each pulsating riff on the guitar brought forth more adventure. More awesomeness!

I simply can't wait until tomorrow. April thinks we've got a cozy weekend in the mountains planned at the family cabin. Little does she know that once I crank up the Del-Tones, the missile-launching helicopters will be right on our tail. It's going to be so sweet!

By the way, April thinks I've had a little too much time on my hands lately. I have no idea what she's talking about.

Look alive kiddies!

- Dave

No comments: