Sunday, November 8, 2009

Cleaning up my act

Merry Sunday evening to one and all! I sit here refreshed from a weekend of manly leaf raking, football watching and consuming pulled-pork sandwiches. Just a little slice of the American dream in my little burb.

I am happy to report that the germs have yet to find me. Michael has recovered from his three-day tummy-hurting marathon, and I am unscathed (You bet your caboose I'm furiously knocking on any form of wood I can find right now). The little guy is feeling all better. As a matter of fact, Michael is running around the house with our oh-so-expensive digital camera shooting impromptu documentary videos as we speak. I caught a sneek peek of his latest work - an extensive closeup of my nose that lasts for around 10 minutes and features bonus shots of Michael spinning around and around in the kitchen. It's bloody brilliant!

Michael is feeling so much better today that he has continued embarking on a nearly impossible mission. A mission he began several weeks ago. The little guy vows to clean up his parents' dirty potty mouths. That's right. Michael is repremanding April and I every time we slip up and utter words like "God," "crap" and other zingers that I probably shouldn't print here.

I never realized the staggering number of instances I utter naughty potty mouth words during a typical day until my 5-year-old began sternly repremanding me.

"Daddy, don't say that word! You shouldn't say that word!"

Oh the shame!

There is no arguing. No protesting, "But I didn't mean to! Honest!" Little Michael will hear no excuses. He simply demands perfection and will not rest until our potty mouths are fully clean and ready for inspection. I would complain, but I've got to admit it's nice to have a little discipline in this house for a change.

Keep it clean kiddies!

- Dave

No comments: