Friday, January 25, 2008

Cabin Fee-vah

Son of a #@%&* I did it again! I somehow slipped into a trance, spent an hour or so on YouTube watching Eddie Vedder videos, and then went and purchased more CD's. All this after ranting and raving against this very practice on this very blog just a week ago (for a lengthy YouTube rant, check out the posting "Shake along with me").

I know. I can't believe it either!

I thought I had matured over these many hours. Thought I had grown as a person, found my Zen, strayed from the dark side. I thought I could trust myself to simply "look and not touch." To resist the urge to spend money that I don't even have. (By the way, if you're reading this April, hon, this is all an elaborate lie. I wouldn't do something like that. Honest. What do you mean I'm sweating?).

I know now I have a problem. I need counseling, and therapy, and other stuff that will get me out of the house. I must say, however, that this unforgivable act is not entirely my fault. I place part of the blame squarely on Mother Nature's shoulders. That's right, Mother Nature.

Follow me on this.

You see, the temperature this past week has hovered around Antarctic levels. There is ice, snow and plenty of other really, really cold stuff. Last night it got so bad that my husky dog Kiki took one look outside and responded with "Whoa man, I'm not crazy enough to go out in that!" It snowed all night long in freezing temperatures, creating a nice system of ice rinks where the roads used to be. Michael and I were preparing to visit Grandma's house this morning, but when the Zamboni drove by, I opted against it.

Basically Michael and I have been stuck in the house this entire week. Making matters even more exciting is the fact that Michael's nose has apparently sprung a leak. He's been following me around all day chanting the mantra "wanna kleenex" over and over. It's actually quite amazing to watch the sheer amount of, um, liquid gooeyness that escapes from a toddler's nose. Simply astounding!

So anyway, between wiping my son's nose and reading the newspaper, I became somewhat restless. My legs revolted and began walking toward the computer. "No legs!" I shouted. "You know I can't be trusted with that evil machine." The legs never listen. They plopped me down in front of the screen, and soon my hands bolted to life and clicked on the YouTube site. The rest, as they say, is history.

I am ashamed. Ashamed I tell you!! If only it were sunny. Things would be different. It's a scientific fact that people never make unwarranted CD purchases after watching YouTube when the sun is shining. At least it should be a fact!

All I can do now is drown in my sorrows while waiting for my CD's to arrive in up to three business days. Oh, and give my legs a stern talking to!

Be good kiddies!

- Dave

No comments: